Thursday 9 April 2015

FromUpNorth; Posters

http://www.fromupnorth.com/beautiful-gig-posters-1042/

https://www.pinterest.com/fromupnorth/gig-posters/

These are some more recent gig posters I like from fromupnorth.com. For my final practical piece I am thinking of doing a gig poster type visual diagram involving some of the drawings in my sketchbook; a sort of visual brain explosion of all the things I have been thinking about (that are relevant). I am currently thinking I want to screenprint the final, as it will look finished and professional, and also stays in line with the theme as many limited edition gig posters are produced in screenprint. 

I really like the layout of the Dave Matthews Band poster; it's a good example of how visual elements and information can be organised and kept fairly simple. I could organise and overlay my drawings in a similar sort of way. I also want to have a combination of image and type as these gig posters all have. 




No comments:

Post a Comment