Wednesday 6 May 2015

Final Visual Diagram


Considering I have been struggling with how to turn my research into something visual, I am really happy with how this has turned out. After asking a few people what they thought, I decided to call it 'A Guide to our Future Selves', to sort of spell out the idea I am trying to get across (that we all might regress into back creepy monkeys who are more glued to their phones than we even are now). I am planning to print it on semi-gloss to make it look like a proper poster, and might do another on thick matte to compare. I was unable to screen print due to there being too many people with higher priority in the print room, but I tried to keep the colours flat and bold as if it were a screen print - plus, I have been able to add more colours than if it had been screen printed anyway. 

Positives:
1. I am happy with the composition.
2. I am happy with the colour scheme.
3. I am pretty happy with the type (something I'm usually completely rubbish at).
4. I am happy with the concept! Again something that usually isn't my strength - after double checking with other people I know it gives across the message I want (a sort of comical exaggeration of how much we sit on our phones).

Negatives:
1. Maybe could have practised a bit more at using the grey pen; in places in the front monkey with the yellow phone it looks a bit weird, and it didn't fit in when Photoshopped.
2. Bottom right corner annoys me a bit where the white space is (but just being picky). 
3. Could be argued that we are already like this, and it's not the future?!

No comments:

Post a Comment