Friday 11 March 2016

Expanding ideas for the book





In the recent session I tried to both expand yet break down the themes explored in my essay to find a topic or idea I can start to explore for my book. I found this hard; it is difficult to be able to shine a new light on the idea without steering completely away from it and not just making a book that will illustrate my essay.

I like the idea of using "Britannia Barbara" (Uncivilised Britain) as maybe a title or a theme; it could open up lots of doors but still links into the research I have done. I also like the idea of focusing on stereotypes and stigmas of a typical northerner or southerner; this could be too close to the essay though. It was suggested I look into slang and dialects which could be really interesting but at the moment I don't know how I would make an illustrated book out of that (it can't be too type heavy). I could work with charicature or reportage? I need to get some proper ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment