Friday 22 April 2016

Final slang words and drawings





I went through the lists of words and grouped together the ones that reoccured the most with different slang versions. I am happy with the groups; they do tell a sort of story, starting from being quite nice and almost amusing before moving towards a more 'uncivilised' theme (Britannia Barbara!)

I decided to draw using simple pencil, partly as I haven't done any pencil drawings in absolutely AGES and it would make a nice change, but also as I think the rough textures work quite well for the uncivilised theme. I just looked at the words and drew the first things that popped into my head - they are all pretty literal, but I think this works well for the 'illustrated guide' side of the idea. I want to put them into Photoshop and overlay different colours (two different colours for the book; maybe red and blue?) to make them a little more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment