Saturday 23 April 2016

Logistics...



As I am too lazy/have left it too late with too much to do to make a proper mock up, I have made a little visual map type of thing just so I know for sure how my concertina book will all fit together. 

It will be hinged with pieces behind with repeat pattern on them that are the exact same size as the illustrated internet pages; hopefully when it is all stuck together (double sided tape worked like a dream with my last concertina) it should look nice and seamless. Each number is a page and the yellow side is the printed side. It will be finished off with a belly band with the title "Britannia Barbara" written on it, so the concertina doesn't spring open all the time. 

This has been useful as I can easily see how it will all fit together and how many pages of continuous pattern I will need to hinge everything. I also want extra bits to neatly fold over like little half-end pages on either end. This makes perfect sense to me (even if it doesn't to outsiders!).

No comments:

Post a Comment