Friday 9 December 2016

Handwritten type development - "creativity"





















I want to have the word "creativity" standing out from the rest of the type on the poster, to really get across the message and have more of an impact on the viewer - it's the most important bit that needs to jump out. I also want it to be handwritten, as it has more of a creative feel to it and further enhances the message of the advert. I like the idea of the type being white on a sort of ink or paint smudge behind it; it's more interesting than just being in a square box or floating on it's own.

As I am rubbish at doing my own handwritten type, I printed off a few fonts I liked from Photoshop and traced over them with ink and brush using a lightbox, to make sure it was straight and not a complete mess (my own handwriting is pretty hard to read). I then used a bigger brush to make the background smudges.

I think the thicker and more solid smudges will work better - too much texture might not expose and wont print properly. A sans serif font works better as the rest of the type is Futura (also sans serif); it would all be a bit too different and messy otherwise with all the colour.





















final choice

No comments:

Post a Comment